Chef Gregory James Routt - Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce (26-28 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 0z - no salt added)
- 1/2 pkg no boil lasagna noodles (9 oz - about 8)
- 1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce (1 - lb)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ( 12-oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium - high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Spray 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spry. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato pasta sauce in bottom of sprayed slow cooker. Stir remaining tomato pasta sauce and tomato sauce into ground beef.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce in slow cooker, breaking noodles as necessary. Top with 1/2 of the Alfredo pasta sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.
- Repeat layering twice, using 2 lasagna noodles in last layer. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover, cook on LOW setting for 31/2 to 41/2 hours. If desired, cut into wedges to serve.
Yield : 8 servings
This recipe by Chef Gregory James Routt is a big hit whenever served.